Extended Well Testing Facilities
- Extended Well Testing Facilities (EWTFs) are used to get accurate and comprehensive reservoir data. Technical Details
- EWTFs consist of the following:
- Inlet manifold
- Three-phase Separator
- Outlet lines for Oil, Gas and Water
- Instruments and Control System for operation and safety.
- Typical Design parameters:
- Crude throughput : 10000 BPD
- Water cut : 5 – 10%
- GOR : 200 – 300 Sm3 / m3
- Residence time : 1 min
- Turn down : 50 – 110% of the capacity
- Design pressure : 100 bar g
- The EWTFs are supplied with choke manifold, flow measurement system and testing laboratory.
- Crude Oil flow from the wells is routed to a test manifold. The test manifold outlet is routed to the test separator. The test separator is a three-phase separator. All the three separated phases leaving the test separator i.e. oil, gas and water are measured for flow, using appropriate flow meters.
- Liquid flow rate is measured with either positive displacement or turbine meters. For gas flow rate, V-Cone flow meters are used. The flow meter in the oil outlet line will be combined with a capacitance probe and net-oil computer to provide measurement of net-oil and emulsion-water volumes. A separate water meter is provided in the water outlet line from the test separator.
- Normal controls and instrumentation include level measurement and level control valves for oil and water cuts, gas pressure measurement and gas pressure control valve in the test separator vapor space.
- High and low levels in the test separator are alarmed and safeguarding is provided against overfilling by closing a shutdown valve in the feed piping to the test separator. Overpressure protection is provided by means of a relief valve in the vapor space of the test separator.
- Give better knowledge of reservoir capacity
- Generate real-time data on Well production
- Obtain additional production-related data, such as water cut and sand production.